Ways to offer support for your friend who has a baby in the NICU.
- Grocery shop for her and prepare some meals for the week.
- Do Laundry for her – wash, dry and fold clothes.
- Offer to babysit other kids while she is at hospital several days a week.
- Offer to Babysit one evening each week so she and hubby can have a date night.
- Take her out to lunch and just talk. Encourage her to express her feelings about the NICU stay, how it feels to be l a mom of a sick child. Ask her about her fears & feelings of helplessness.
- Take a bouquet of fresh flowers and place in a vase in her house.
- If she is a C-section mom, offer to give her a ride to and from the hospital.